Thursday, April 14, 2016

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Our first response is "make lemonade".

Sometimes...I don't feel like it. Or rather...I can't.

Sometimes, I'm a toad to myself and decide to just suck on the lemons and hope they taste better.

Truth is...they never do.

If you have a lemon in your life, whether it's a person or your own attitude (which is my issue today), don't just suck on the lemon. Get some work done and turn it into lemonade.

Lemons have to be squeezed...really put under some pressure to get all the juice out. We don't save the stuff that's not of use...we throw it away. Then the juice? We add water to make the juice stretch and then some sugar to make it consumable and delicious.

Today is a lemon day. Let's break down the three F's of a healthy lifestyle and how I can turn this day around. Will you do it with me?

FITNESS
I've struggled the past two weeks with feeling TIRED! Just drop dead BONE TIRED. And I can't figure out why! I even put a halt on my weight training to see if THAT would help. Last week, it did! I felt a little better and so I was ready to amp up my training again this week...and it's just not happening. Two days in a row I've napped while my son has napped, but I'm currently waiting for him to wake up so we can go for a walk around the neighborhood.

I'm totally lemony right now because I'm frustrated as to why I'm so tired. I "should" be exercising, I "should" be wanting to be out and about...Should, should, should...blah, blah, blah.

Remember? Should ONLY induces guilt. My goal is to someday be that strong, health and fitness coach that goes and works out despite it being 9pm and I don't really want to. Granted, I've done it a few times, but it's not my "go-to" mentality. I want to be that person that works out hard core despite being bone tired...

But I'm not there yet. And then I remember that this life is a journey and I will get to be a "go-getter" every day. I need to take this time to get to know myself and handle my emotions and my body properly, so that when my body says "no" I can assess whether it really needs a nap or just a kick in the pants. Today, it needed a nap. Tomorrow? Maybe just a kick in the pants. 

Will I take the rest of this week off with my weight training? Maybe. Will I go walking to at least get my steps in? Totally. 

FOOD
My appetite is seriously calling me Tina right now...."Eat the FOOD Tina! EAT THE FOOD!" I just want to eat everything! I want carbs...I want bananas, I want apples, I want berries (yeah? kinda backwards that I'm frustrated with that right now) It's SUPPOSED to be a Low Carb day where fruit is limited and breads, pastas, and grains are put on hold. Wah-wah...haven't been doing that structure today.

Maybe it's because I didn't meal plan this week? Maybe it's because I'm feeling tired? Who knows. I decided to put the brakes on forcing myself to WANT LC food options. I woke up from my nap starving...and I wanted a Raspberry White Chocolate Quest Bar. I scrolled through my Weight Watchers Connect to stall a little and see if I really was hungry. I found a quote a member had posted that I REALLY loved and it resonated with me...once I changed it a little. 

It read: "Eat pretty fruit, do your squats, and don't let boys be mean to you." 

I decided to read it as "Eat pretty fruit, do your squats, and don't let YOU be mean to YOU."

So along with that white chocolate raspberry bar, I picked up an apple too. And then I took a picture.


As I sat and looked at the picture, I realized that this picture speaks volumes. 

Ready to make some lemonade?

In my hand, I'm not holding a donut or a cookie or a milkshake...I'm holding an apple. A delicious LOOKING apple, by the way, and it's an answer to a CRAVING.

On my wrist? There is a FitBit band: one with a heart rate monitor, stair tracker, work-out recorder, and calorie counter. I look to this thing daily.

My fingernails? They aren't chewed...I haven't bitten my fingernails in months. 

Something must be going right. I want to remember that I'm still doing good things, even when the day is a bit lemony.

FULFILLMENT
This area of my life might be a little bit out of whack right now. I can't seem to find one thing that would do me good. Maybe when I get my walk in for today and I eat just what sounds good, along with tracking it-regardless of it being high carb or low carb- my rose colored glasses will slip themselves on again.
Maybe I miss my family-my mom, my dad, my 2 brothers and 2 sisters. Maybe that's why I am in a funk. The weather is great and usually I would head on down to their house and hang out. Not an option anymore. Don't know what's up...but I'm hoping to work out the kinks sooner than later.

And maybe that's just it. I'm feeling lemony because an aspect of my life is out of whack. Time to get on my tennis shoes and go for a walk to figure it out; get some sunshine and breathe in some fresh air.

What's on the menu for dinner tonight? I can't decide. Normally I prep and am doing great when it comes to dinner... it may just be a cereal, eggs, and turkey bacon kind of night. Maybe I'll feel adventurous and do waffles. Who knows?

What I do know is that it's time to grab this lemony day and start squeezing, search for some sugar and start making some lemonade.

We can do this.

Happy lemonade making,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment