Monday, May 9, 2016

Oh, the Beauty of a FitBit

Always remember: You Can Do Hard Things!

I KILLED IT today in my workout!

My mind keeps trailing back to my huge slide over the weekend, I still feel the metaphorical weight of my actions due to the negatives still being present on my phone. But, I do forgive myself and I know that negatives happen! Overkill with calorie DO HAPPEN...even to the strongest. I have done GREAT with my nutrition the past two days, and I've done even better with my exercise.

To all my readers, I've been doing a bit of studying when it comes to physical health. I've realized that physical activity is just what you are doing to move your body...essentially what gets done in a day's time. For the human species, the physical activity our bodies need to be healthy has been significantly reduced due to the commodities we have in our day to day lives. Thus, exercise comes into play. Exercise is a planned or set routine used to build physical characteristics of the human body, be it cardiovascular or muscular.

What in the heck? Where do I even start?

That's the beauty of just getting out and moving. Upping your physical activity if you will. I have made a goal to get my son out in the jogging stroller and go for a 45 minute walk with him; just to get the sunshine and get my legs moving. He loves it and I love it because I feel like a better mom. I can't wait for it to finally get warm and I can take him to a park and REALLY get a workout, since he can't quite get around independently in a park setting...yet.

We, as a human species, accomplish great things when we are motivated. A WW member this past Saturday talked about his recent purchase of a FitBit Charge HR...He told everyone: "I hate this thing!" But, he further went on to say that it is more of a love/hate relationship. He loves it because it holds him accountable to get great goals done in a day's time...but he also hates it for the same reason. If he is ready to just kick back on the couch...and he has 2000 more steps to go before he meets his daily goal...He won't sit down! He'll rock those 2000 and THEN rest.

That's the beauty of fitness trackers if you have no routine set in place. I started out with a FitBit Flex and it did the trick for me until I was ready to move on to a more in-depth device. I got the Flex to just get me moving again after the birth of my son. I had that wonderful tracker for almost 2 years, until I was able to purchase a FitBit Charge HR this most recent December. The Flex went to my mom...though I don't think she has set it up. My husband got a new tracker too, and his went to my sister.
My husband has never moved so much in his life. It brought him SUCH confidence when he pulled a 30k step day...
And yet he continues to impress...



The highest I EVER have gotten was 26k+...and I will NEVER do that again.

All I'm saying is that I am grateful to my FitBit Charge HR. I'm grateful for the verification of my effort and a reminder as to why I am so tired when I go to bed at night.



I've worked.

And I've worked HARD.

I maintained a strong heart rate, I hit my daily goal and then some, I feel strong, I've gotten in my daily workout that I needed, and I even find any opportunity possible to just walk a LITTLE more.

That's where it starts: A desire to up your physical activity. Then, when you feel comfortable with that...then comes a daily amount of exercise.

Our bodies are AMAZING THINGS! If you are thinking about a fitness tracker, DO IT! If you are serious about upping your physical activity and even moving on to bigger and better things...a fitness tracker is a GREAT way to get started!

It's all about balance...You have to love yourself, love your body, and love the food you eat. If you are feeling a little down, say this to yourself for 30 days EVERY DAY in front of your mirror:

I accept myself completely and unconditionally right now.

Bad thoughts may come, but keep saying it. You only have one life to live...so live it the best you can! Get up and move...even if it is as simple as getting that Diet Coke yourself...Oh yes, you know who you make get it for you... ;)

Do something great today,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment